The Fire Rain team’s core Shikigamis are of course Hououga and Ame Onna. This build is a crowd control build that takes advantage of Hououga’s CC skill as well as Ame Onna’s dispel and speed debuff. Of course, Souls have to be adequately leveled to climb the PVP ladder.
There could be two sub-builds for this team:
Action Bar build – In descending order of speed: Accelerator, Ame Onna, Hououga, Zashiki, Ebisu, Main Character (for damage output).
Counter build (when you don’t have enough speed for AB support) – Ame Onna, Hououga, DPS, Oguna, Orb Provider or Samurai X
Example: Kamaitachi, Ame Onna, Hououga, Zashiki, Ubume, and Seimei (equip Shield and Debuff for Crowd Control).
Kamaitachi – He can use a 4-set Fortune Cat to synergize with his passive so that there is a second chance to generate Orbs. Another choice is to equip three 2-set Souls focusing on HP and Defense. No matter what, every Soul needs to have speed in either Primary or Secondary attributes.
Ame Onna – 4-set of Jizo Statue, Fortune Cat, or Mirror Maiden depending on team set up. The key is to maximize survivability.
Hououga – 4-set of Jizo Statue, Fortune Cat, or Mirror Maiden depending on team set up. Position 4 needs to be Effect HIT and position 6 needs to be crit %. The key is to maximize survivability as well as inflicting status effect.
Zashiki – 4-set of Fire Spirit to ensure there this enough Orbs in the beginning. For her, all Souls can be HP to maximize survivability.
Ubume (or other DPS) – 4-set Seductress for her to take advantage of the extra proportional damage. This is pretty standard for DPS.
- Ame Onna’s dispel is very powerful in nullifying enemy buffs/own debuffs. With Clam and enough speed, Ame Onna can render the Soul Dawn Fairy useless.
- Hououga’s stun can nullify counter teams
- Enemy is faster (such as having two AB and one-shots Hououga. In that case, give up the fight to save time. Hououga has the least survivability in the team. Once she got taken out, the Fire Rain team has little chance against the enemy fire power that took out Hououga in one shot.
- Enemy Seimei gets the shield up first. In this case, Hououga can’t inflict stun so the enemy team has one more turn to do damage.
- Enemy uses Red Imp or Tanuki that can use provoke. Provoke can’t be dispelled so it’s a risk to this team.
- Another faster Rain Fire Team
- Enemy team has high resist
- What if the enemy also uses Rain Fire?
- Then it all depends on speed and luck. The faster team would have the advantage, and so does the team with higher resist.
- What if enemy Shikigamis gets into the attack sequence?
- This is common as many players would have units faster than the ones in the Fire Rain team. This is what Kamaitachi is for. A good Kamaitachi should be able to get the first attack in most cases so be sure to stack it with Speed.
- Using other DPS other than Ubume?
- Being SR, Ubume shouldn’t be too hard to obtain but there are always unlucky players. Vampira should be a viable alternative with such strong single target attacks. Shuten Doji is too slow to warm up when all enemies are not able to act. Kuro Mujou is another good choice.
- Can Yamausagi replace Kamaitachi?
- Not really because even though they can both work the move bar, Kamaitachi has better buffs than Yamausagi. It can buff resist and has a chance to act again whilst Yamausagi do not have that luxury. In addition, Kamaitachi is an SR so its stats are higher. All in all, I don’t see there’s any reason to replace it unless you don’t like how it looks.
- Can Samurai X replace Ame Onna?
- This would be a completely different build and makes the battle strategy different. Samurai X would provoke enemies for only 1 turn and it has worse Effect HIT. It is not as useful as Ame Onna.